Residential Efficiency Scorecard
What is the Victorian Residential Efficiency Scorecard?
The Scorecard is an Australian-first home energy rating program. The Scorecard will enable you to obtain a star rating for your home, in the same way as a fridge or washing machine has a star rating. The star rating is an assessment of your home’s building shell and a representation of the running cost of the fixed appliances in your home. It will guide you to make home improvements efficiently and cost effectively.
3ARK are independent assessors who have been trained and accredited in the use of the RES Scorecard tool. We have been engaged by:
- the South East Councils Climate Change Alliance (SECCCA) to deliver a Scorecard assessment in the south east of Melbourne for eligible concession holders.
- Positive Charge to deliver a Scorecard assessment in the remaining Melbourne Metro areas and Greater Geelong region for eligible concession holders.
However, only a limited number of free assessments are available per council. (see list below)
We use the government supported Scorecard webtool to rate the energy efficiency of your home's construction, fixed appliances and other key features such as solar PV energy production. The two-page rating certificate that you receive from the Scorecard Assessment also recommends upgrade options and suggestions to improve your home's rating. In addition, 3ARK will discuss other general improvements or changes that you may be able to undertake to improve the performance of your home.
Are you eligible for a free assessment?
Eligible households for the limited free assessments include holders of or recipient of any of the following concessions:
- Health care card
- Pensioner concession card
- Retailer hardship program
- Culturally and linguistically diverse
- A community housing resident
- Living in a rental property
- demonstrate as defined by the Australian Taxation Organisation (ATO) as a “low income earner”.
Request a Residential Efficiency Scorecard Assessment
3ARK are performing assessments in the Council Areas shown below. If you live in one of these area and would like to receive an assessment,
- please call 3ARK on 1300 360 673
Fee – free if you meet the eligibility criteria and your Council's limit has not yet been exceeded. Otherwise call us for pricing.
SECCCA Council Areas serviced by 3ARK:
- Bass Coast Shire Council
- Bayside City Council
- Cardinia Shire Council
- City of Casey
- City of Greater Dandenong
- City of Kingston
- Mornington Peninsula Shire Council
- City of Port Phillip
Positive Charge Council Areas serviced by 3ARK:
- Remaining Melbourne Metro Areas
- City of Greater Geelong
- Bellarine Peninsula